2020 RPI Challenge Official Results
2020 Awards Ceremony
This leader board takes a few seconds to load, as it is full of amazing pictures and wonderful comments. Be patient, it's worth it.
Heather Hill Foster
Serena Bishop Gordon
2020 RPI Comments from the Podium
All the thanks goes to you and your amazing team. I feel very privileged and humbled to have this opportunity to be part of this challenge. The community and the lessons learned are reward in itself.
3rd place winner in the Queen Stage Race
Thank you all very much for putting on a fabulous event!!
And thank you for motivating the cycling community during these difficult times, and helping to make us feel united and not isolated.
I had a wonderful day Sunday.
2nd place winner in the French Fry category
Hi! Super cool! Thank you so much!
We picked a pretty gnarly route, I rode a 30lbs mountain bike, got 9000 ft of elevation, and we had a blast! :-)
It was such a great ride experience! Thank you so much for hosting the RPI virtual this year.
This spring summer was hard for me. I was feeling super bummed that so many races were cancelled this summer, and I was really loosing my focus and motivation. The RPI challenge and the 8 week training program really saved me!!! Thank you!
Twice Baked Female
Hi RPI folks,
This is definitely a first and the training program... Worked!
Glad to have joined the program- Rebecca's story has always resonated for me and inspired my first gravel bike purchase last year...(specialized diverge) Hope to get it on a mountain one day.
Thanks soooo much!
2nd place winner in the Baked Potato
Whoop whoop and all the cow bell I can muster!
While not the effort I was hoping to put out on my first ever QSR - this seriously was one of the coolest 8 weeks full of camaraderie, bad assery, learning, laughs, tears, fun, suffering, more fun, and ALL the good stuff.
I can’t wait to see what’s next and how it all comes around for next year!
Thank you for the incredible experience!
I can’t wait to celebrate tonight and when my package arrives - YAY! More cowbell!
Heather H. Foster
1st place winner in the Tater Tot
This is extremely exciting!!!! This has been a tough year with all of the events cancelling. I was delighted when I saw you had a virtual option for the RPI and I knew I had to do it. Thank you for putting on this event!!
1st place winner in the Baked Potato category
Thanks! Sunday was a blast. I meant what I said in my comments about Reba & the challenge being motivation to get me pushing boundaries at least once in 2020, and that this isn't the first time your words have given me a boost. The mantras you shared in a panel and the tears we shed at the Blood Road premier were with me when I struggled through DK in 2017, and that spirit has stuck through many tough rides afterward. I looked forward to making it to my first RPI this year, and it feels like in a way we did. I was glad to participate and be a small part of helping keep our tribe riding together in this crazy year.
This is so cool! Thank you so much for not just the prize package, but for the last 2 months of motivation and inspiration. I have done a couple of virtual events this year, but this is the first one where I truly felt like I was participating with a group. The 2 months of Facebook and Instagram posts and Science and Stoke and Rusch Hours really made the RPI Challenge feel like a group event. I hardly ever post anything on social media but the Challenge brought me out of my shell a little bit.
Thanks again, truly this was a really cool experience!
2nd place winner in the Baked Potato category
I am beyond excited to have gotten on the podium! This was more than just a physical challenge for me and I have to admit, I am a little tingly nosed right now... I am overwhelmingly grateful to the whole community, RPI team and sponsors of this event. Yay!
Thank you again for re-imagining RPI. It personally allowed me to achieve a goal on my race calendar for the wild roller coaster of 2020. I can't wait to give a real life hug or high five next year!
With much gratitude,
3rd place winner in the Baked Potato category
This is Fred Schuth. I am responding on behalf of my son Burton Schuth. Burton is 14 years old.
Thank you for putting together an amazing event for such a great cause! Burton and my wife Lisa had lots of fun training for and racing in this event. Lisa did the French Fry after finishing the Tater Tot distance with Burton. They both did it at over 8500 feet in elevation, 100% singletrack and gravel roads, and on mountain bikes. I am very proud of them for taking on this challenge.
Thanks again for everything!!!
3rd place winner in the Tater Tot Category
I just had to go check because I did not believe you! I have never been on a podium! Thank you so much Reba & team!
OMG I'm so excited I might need to run in circles.
2nd place winner in the Tater Tot
By joining the RPI Challenge Membership you agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death. While particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of Rusch Ventures LLC or Rebecca’s Private Idaho and I assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my participation, I will remove myself from participation.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless Rebecca Rusch, Rusch Ventures LLC, Rebecca’s Private Idaho and its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity, with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property associated with my presence or participation, whether or not arising from the negligence of any of these, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk, I fully understand its terms, I understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing, and I join RPI Challenge membership freely and voluntarily without any inducement.